Saturday, October 6, 2007

Pushing Daisies



We're a few weeks into the new TV season and I have enjoyed most of the shows that hooked me last season. There were many new shows this season that I was interested in checking out. Those shows include Cavemen, Private Practice, Big Bang Theory, and Pushing Daisies. Of these new shows the only one I want to recommend to you is Pushing Daisies.

First of all, let me say that if I am posting this to my blog, and I have not posted anything in a very long time, you should listen. This show was unlike anything I had ever seen. It is cleverly written, directed, and put together. Andrew who only watches the Office said that this would be a show he would definitely continue to watch and that he enjoyed it because it was so unique. He said that he's never seen anything like this on TV before.

I know you're probably all thinking, "But I missed the first episode Angela, what am I supposed to do now?" Don't worry, you can watch the full episode at abc.com, and I would really encourage you to do so. It was wonderful.

As a side note, this show was written about in the Modesto Bee as being one of the only clean primetime shows on TV this season. So, watch this show, if not for any other reason than to support good TV programs.

Here's a blub from another blog that sums up exactly how I felt about this show:

Every once in a while a pilot comes along that completely shocks and surprises you with its dazzling beauty, pitch perfect cast, and its casual ability to create a whole world that you never want to leave.

I'm talking, gentle readers, about Pushing Daisies, which ABC recently ordered to series for the fall season. From the fertile mind of Bryan Fuller (Wonderfalls, Heroes), it's unlike anything you've ever seen on television, a Burtonesque vision of mortality, morality, and, er, pies that sucks you in from the very opening scene and never lets go.

GO, WATCH, NOW!

7 comments:

claire said...

When is it on? I am currently only watching The Office as well.

Afton said...

Hey, I read that they were going to try "saran wrap" kissing and hugging in bee-keeper suits later in the season. Interesting stuff.

I will say that I very much enjoyed the first episode. It's on Wednesday's right?

A. Hunter said...

Wednesday night's. Check abc.com for the time in your area. Also, you should go there and watch the first episode so you're up on the whole thing.

A. Hunter said...

Wednesday night's. Check abc.com for the time in your area. Also, you should go there and watch the first episode so you're up on the whole thing.

Anna said...

Grandma read about Daisies in then newspaper and was really disapointed when she realized she missed it last week. We'll try again tonight and then I'll let you know the 90 year old perspective.

megan said...

It's good to hear another opinion. I have two friends who didn't like it at all which I was sad to hear. I haven't seen it because it is on at 8 p.m. on Wednesdays and I am at YW. I just need to get Tivo.

Catherine said...

Ok, I finally watched it and I liked it but...

Didn't it seem as if everyone had the same personality? They were all talking the same way - you know, kind of fast and kind of quirky. And I'm going to get sick of that narrator pretty quickly.

I love that it's different and I LOVE the cinematography. televisography? set design? I love looking at it.