Saturday, November 3, 2007

11th Annual Salmon Run

Today I completed my very first 5k. I thought it would be a piece of cake. I thought it would be the easiest thing I've ever done. I don't know what I was thinking. Apparantly I am an idiot. The race was tough and I felt like death. However, now that it's over, all I can remember is what a fun time I had. Those stupid endorphins are screwing with me again!

Results:
I placed 1st in my age group (19-29), 2nd for the women and either 5th or 6th overall. My time was 21:51 and the winning female had a time of 18:50 and was 2nd place overall. She is 13 years old. Last year she won with a time of 19:33 and is clearly getting faster with age. I suppose I'll have to pick up my pace for next year.

I'm really enjoying running. It makes me feel like Angela again instead of Mom. I'm looking forward to my next race.

6 comments:

Merrill said...

Way to go Angela. It seems like you're making a lot of progress since the H2C: running 11 miles/day, running a mile in 6:20, and now running 5K where you win your age group. You'll leave us in the dust next year!

Amy said...

Congrats! You are awesome!

Catherine said...

That's fantastic. Careful, though, or I'll have to ask you to run a harder leg for H2C next year.

A. Hunter said...

Hahahah...no harder legs for me! Did you read the part about feeling like death?

A. Hunter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
megan said...

HOORAY!! I so admire you. I am going to do a 5K here pretty soon and I think that my time will be about double what you did!