Sunday, July 15, 2007

"Sleeping in Hell"

If you click on the picture it will enlarge and you can see the fire pictures on the wall. The small fire engine on the bottom of the two smaller pictures is the first engine Andrew was assigned to as an Engineer. It has sentimental value!
We're planning to hang a few helmets (once I put up hooks on this shelf) and a turnout coat. I also have some antique fire grenedes that I'm planning to hang up someday on either side of the shelf. I'm sure eventually Calvin will want to ge them down and throw them so I haven't put them up yet.
This is Calvin's room and after his first night my dad asked what it was like "sleeping in hell." There are rope lights behind the crown moulding but you can't tell unless it's dark. At night it looks amazing! He's been in this room for about a year. I haven't gotten around to taking pictures of the "finished product" because I'm not totally finished with the room yet.

5 comments:

Afton said...

The flames really are the perfect touch, even though it looks like the room is on fire. Once he gets those old fire extinguisher bombs though, he should feel safe enough.

megan said...

I LOVE how his room turned out! It is perfect.

claire said...

This room is so cool! I love all the photographs. Did you paint it yourself?

A. Hunter said...

No, I had a friend paint the flames but Andrew did the rest. He also did crown and new baseboards in Hazel's room. We're both really into the large moulding. Eventually it will find it's way through the rest of our house.

Catherine said...

Wow. That's such a cool room. I was expecting something much more diabolical, but this is a great boys room.