Friday, July 6, 2007

Camping


When did camping become such a dirty activity? I don't recall as a kid being covered from head to toe in dirt after a quick camping trip, however as an adult, the dirt was very apparant. I didn't want my kids anywhere near the dirt so for two days Hazel stayed mostly contained in her port-a-crib or on the boat. Even the lake water grossed me out a bit. Everything was just so dirty. I think the reason I probably don't remember getting this dirty camping as a kid was probably because we didn't camp. My mom likes hotels.

This was the only picture that turned out because my batteries died right after. I guess this is a good way to remember the trip...with no dirt in sight.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

That looks beautiful.

The only camping memories I have from childhood are girl's camp and family camp. Both times we had cabins.

I don't dare camp with Rusty yet. I'm still recovering from when we tried to do it last September. We started with Bruce when he was 2 and he loved it but with Rusty we may wait until closer to 3.

Afton said...

Nice farmer tan Andrew! Doesn't he have time to lay out at the neighbor's pool for an hour a day to even that thing out?

A. Hunter said...

He totally has time to lay out, but he doesn't enjoy that as much as I do. His farmer tan is actually way improved from how it used to be. He was whiter than that!