Saturday, December 1, 2007

Bah Humbug!

I just completed my first Bah Humbug run (5k) in San Ramon, CA. Here are the details:

It was 38 degrees.
I had a tummy full of sushi.
I didn't feel like death.
I improved my 5k time from 21:51 (at last month's run) to 20:40.

And all I got was this lousy ornament...



If I had run this last year with a time of 20:40 I would have gotten first place for my age group and 7th overall for women. This year, I missed out on 3rd place by 27 seconds. When I finished the race I thought that maybe I had 30 seconds of speed left in me, but I pushed as hard as I could. I guess 30 seconds of speed would have gotten me to 3rd place.

At least I made a personal improvement on my time and cut 1:11 off my time. I need to begin the hunt for another 5k or even, a 10k (gasp).

6 comments:

megan said...

Angela, if I can do a 10K anyone can do it! I almost did a 5K today also...it is called the Columbus Reindeer Run. Claire had her birthday party today so I decided I should probably be at home. Next year!

megan said...

Great job on the fast time! You'd kill me if I ran one with you.

Catherine said...

That's a great time. I don't know what the faster ladies got, but I think that ornament is a nice reward. All I ever got was a medal and what are you supposed to do with that?

I think you should go for a half marathon.

Afton said...

Catherine, you can get crafty and make your medals into really heavy Christmas Tree ornaments.

Angela, you rock. I can't believe there was anyone faster than you. You are so fast.

claire said...

Angela,
I've said it before but you are awesome. Maybe after this baby I will have the oomph to get in shape like that again.
I agree, lousy ornament. No T-shirt?

Unknown said...

Congrads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!