Friday, December 28, 2007

They call me the fireman...


This was our big gift of Christmas this year. I stood in line at Toys R Us the day after thanksgiving by myself in 38 degree weather at 4am with nothing but a sweatshirt. I kept telling myself that it would be worth it on Christmas morning. What little boy wouldn't go completely nuts for this thing?? Well, apparently my little boy. He was more interested in Hazel's kitchen and she was more interested in the fire truck. It was a little disappointing, but someday he will love and appreciate it. For now, Hazel and I are enjoying rides to the mailbox and to the park.

4 comments:

claire said...

The firetruck actually moves by itself? That is very cool. I always wanted something like that myself when I was a kid.

Catherine said...

I had dreams that people would give me a working Barbie corvette when I was little. Never came true though. Looks like fun.

A. Hunter said...

Yes, it actually drives. It's a power wheels vehicle. I ALWAYS wanted one too. Sort of like the mickey mouse hats from Disneyland with my name on them. I always wanted a pair so I got them for my kids. Turns out they don't want the same things I do. Whatever...that means more driving time for me!

Afton said...

You should have given Hazel the fire truck and Calvin the kitchen, then they would have been more interested in what the other person got. It's called "reverse psycology." Don't try it at home.
(See it's working, isn't it!)