Tuesday, December 4, 2007

A Night out on the Town...


Andrew and I enjoyed a lovely night out on Saturday. We attended the TriNet holiday party in Oakland. My neighbors wanted to take our picture before we left and it sort of felt like we were going to the prom. They thought we looked too darn awesome to be driving to the fancy party in a minivan so they decided that we needed to take their custom ordered BMW. They offer this quite a bit and we always say no, but this time I said yes. I mean, it was true...we needed a super cool car to go with our snazzy looking selves. The fun and excitement soon fizzled since Andrew drove like a granny all the way there and back.

In other news, the official results of my race have been posted. It turns out my time was 1 second better than I thought (20:39). For those of you who can't do math in your head as quickly as Merrill, that's a 6:33 pace for 3.15 miles. I'm not trying to toot my own horn, wait, I am...

I was feeling super bummed about not placing on Saturday, but I'm feeling better now since I realized what a competitive race it was. I estimated 100-200 people in this thing and after viewing the results there were 500 women and 300+ men. So, coming in 9th out of 500 women feels pretty good. Hopefully I can shave 30 seconds off my time for the next one!

6 comments:

Afton said...

You look very sparkley Angela! How nice that you got to take a fancy car to the party. That is generous they let you take it since it's, what, 85 miles each way? Too bad Andrew didn't let you and your lead foot behind the wheel. Oh well, maybe next time.

Did I mention you are beautiful AND fast.

Catherine said...

Hubba hubba!

Great job on the race. Have you found another one to run yet?

A. Hunter said...

Nope, not yet, but I'm looking. There doesn't seem to be anything until February and if I have to wait that long, I guarantee that I'll be out of shape in 2 weeks. My motivation to continue running is gone...

A. Hunter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A. Hunter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.