Thursday, December 6, 2007

Gingerbread House



Calvin had a great day at school today, and as a reward he and I made this gingerbread house. For the first 10 minutes he didn't even try any of the candy but that didn't last long. Once he saw me take a nibble he lost interest in decorating and wanted to eat everything. Good thing we were mostly finished by then.

I got this kit at Savemart and I have to say that it was by far the easiest kit I've ever purchased. It was $11.99 which is comparable with the Wilton one at Michael's. This one had way more candy than the Wilton one and it was so much easier to make. Our gingerbread house last year was pathetic. This one was right up Calvin's alley since it was a Snoopy Dog House and it came with candy bones. In case you can't tell from the photo, Calvin is obsessed with all things spooky so putting candy bones on the house was his favorite part.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw the Advent Calendar. So does Calvin know it’s my birthday on the 11th?

Catherine said...

This is such a good one. We did a store bought one last year and it was horrible. We're skipping it altogether this year because I can't handle it.